COVID-19 remains a threat and therefore precautions will continue in all aspects of club activities to prevent the spread of the virus. There have been a few changes recently and these can be read in detail on British Canoeing. The committee will continue to review the published advice and adapt accordingly.
A summary of the club’s position is:
· Social distancing of 2m must be followed everywhere. Facemasks are beneficial when within the club building. Clean up after use.
· Access to the car park and river is permitted and the key code is available.
· Paddling is encouraged with groups of no more than 6 or with 2 household groups.
· Trips will resume with strict leader + 5 ratios. Other organised activities are being reviewed.
· Club boats and associated kit will be available for routine borrowing but must be well cleaned before and afterwards.
· All activities around the clubhouse and on the river must be recorded on the sheet inside the front door.
· Clubhouse toilets may be used but changing rooms and all rooms on top floor are OUT of BOUNDS. Please clean toilets after use and wipe doors and any surfaces touched.
· Swimming pool sessions remain cancelled.
Full details of the club’s position on Covid can be found in the detailed measures.
The club committee will continue to review this moratorium.
Stay well and help others to stay well.
Here are a few links for members to explore in the meantime:
A link for being Healthy and happy https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/news/2020/5-ways-to-stay-happy-and-healthy-when-youre-off-the-water
Plus an interesting 45 Paddling films to watch;
Updated 9 Jul 20