Trip organiser: Stephen Young
The trip is a full day and should include:
- paddle technique on open water
- sailing rigs
- picnic lunch on the barrage
- exploring the Taff or Ely river if the wind is too strong for the open water
You must register if you intend to come
Open to anyone who has passed ITP. If under 18 you must be accompanied by a responsible adult for the whole trip including on the water.
This is a PEER PADDLE (see Trip Types ). You will be expected to take responsibility for your own kit and general safety.
Places (first come first served) are limited by the number of open boats we can carry to the location, but we are expecting to take at least four boats and hope to be able to carry more. We will be able to confirm your place when we know who is going, with what vehicles. There will be tandem paddling to allow as many as possible to join the trip.
Kit booking We are block-booking the club opens for this trip so individual boat booking is not needed.
For environmental and economic reasons we should car share as much as possible. Launch and landing will be at the public slipway by the Cardiff Bay Water Activity Centre (Grangetown, Cardiff CF11 7HB) .
• Prompt 8.00 am start at the club to load boats, paddles, BAs, helmets, and barrels for dry kit.
• Approx. 1.5 hrs to launch site.
• Slipway is locked at 4.30pm so off water before then
• Aiming to be back to Bath around 6.00pm
Costs• £6.20 Severn bridge toll
• £5 launch fee per boat (allows access to centre for changing facilities and toilets)