|Improver / Intermediate
[20 Sep 17 update] The weather shows a stiff S wind F4/5 on Sat but with sunshine and Sunday is grey with F3/4, probably F2/3. MSW is reporting 3-4ft Sat and 5-8ft on Sun which is a bit challenging. I've looked at the Padstow area as an option but the winds are forecast to be stronger so my vote remains with Plan A. I'm open to suggestions. Tidewise, we're on springs with Sat HW at 08:30 and 20:30, Sun 09:00 and 21:00.
The campsite is at Maker Heights, just north of Kingsands on top of the hill in what could be quite an exposed location. http://www.makerfestival.co.uk/ has all the info like satnav location PL10 1LA. Booking is said to be not necessary for this weekend and there will be plenty of space.
If we aim to gather for a morning huddle at 09:00 on Sat to confirm the plan for the day it will leave it open for arrivals etc. Don't know the pubs in the area and so cannot suggest any for an evening meet on Fri.
Let's keep an eye on the forecast and exchange any ideas you may have.
You must satisfy yourself that this trip is suitable for you, that you are sufficiently experienced, able and willing to paddle at the advertised level. For detailed guidance, see trip categoristion. If in doubt, seek guidance from the advertised leader before registering.
You must register if you intend to come. Places are restricted in an effort to maintain an acceptable experience ratio amongst participants. If it's full, contact the trip leader to see whether any more places can be made available.
If you change your mind, that's okay! But please contact the trips officer as soon as you know so that someone else can register in your place.
You must bring suitable equipment or make arrangements for someone to bring it for you (eg. kayak). See what to bring.
You are advised to book a club boat, if you need one, by contacting the quartermaster(s).