Bath Canoe Club 

Log in
  • Home
  • SEA Kayaking / Camping weekend

SEA Kayaking / Camping weekend

  • 26 Sep 2014
  • 8:00 AM
  • 28 Sep 2014
  • 8:00 PM
  • Kingsbridge area, Devon
  • 13


Registration is closed
       Late summer/autumn sea kayaking weekend

Organised by Sue and Martin. email:

From Friday evening 26th September

Open to anyone who has passed ITP.

A guided trip for beginners (ITP pass) will be arranged.

We will be based at Parkland C&C site off the A381 just north of Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 4AF. Reduced cost of approx. £7.50 pp per night in a small tent on condition that we (ie Martin and Sue) do the booking and collect the money, so please let us know if you will be camping.
There is a shop on site and Kingsbridge town centre is 1 mile away, all downhill.... There is free parking in the evenings and plenty of pubs, fish and chips, restaurants etc.

For those with little sea kayaking experience we will be leading sheltered paddles both days. If we paddle on the Salcombe estuary or the Dart we may have to buy harbour licences at about £5pp per day.

Because of the tides we will need to meet at the campsite at 8am to decide where the day’s paddle will be. You will need to be ready to leave at that point, dressed for paddling, boat loaded and with lunch, hot drink and spare clothes ready. Sorry about the early start but it is no worse than leaving from the clubhouse for a day paddle and it will mean you can expect to get home at a sensible time on Sunday.

Bring plenty of change for parking. If you are car sharing, please be aware that different levels of paddlers may go to different places.

3 star level paddlers will have various options for trips depending on the weather.

If you need a club boat email the quartermaster


For environmental and economic reasons we should car share as much as possible. However with sea kayaks only 2 per car is recommended. Fuel cost usually around £30-£50 per car + parking. Actual cost between you and driver/passenger.


This is a weather dependent trip. We will do our best to find somewhere sheltered on the day but may have to postpone at short notice (day before) if the weather is not kind.


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software